- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt or 1 cup Middle Eastern-style plain yogurt (for minimal effort)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved, and seeded
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
- If you're using plain whole milk yogurt, line a small sieve with a coffee filter.
- Put the yogurt in it, set it over a bowl, and refrigerate 12 hours.
- Discard the expressed liquid and put yogurt in the bowl.
- Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater into another bowl.
- Sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons salt and rub into the cucumber with your hands.
- Set aside 20 minutes, then squeeze the cucumbers to express as much liquid as possible.
- Smash the garlic, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste.
- Stir the cucumber, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and mint into the yogurt.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More