- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt or 1 cup Middle Eastern-style plain yogurt (for minimal effort)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved, and seeded
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
- If you're using plain whole milk yogurt, line a small sieve with a coffee filter.
- Put the yogurt in it, set it over a bowl, and refrigerate 12 hours.
- Discard the expressed liquid and put yogurt in the bowl.
- Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater into another bowl.
- Sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons salt and rub into the cucumber with your hands.
- Set aside 20 minutes, then squeeze the cucumbers to express as much liquid as possible.
- Smash the garlic, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste.
- Stir the cucumber, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and mint into the yogurt.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More