- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt (It’s much thicker than American)
- 1/2 of an English hot house Cucumber; Seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 TB Fresh Mint; Chopped fine
- 2 1/2 TB Fresh Dill; Chopped fine
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Place chopped cucumber in a colander and toss with salt to draw out come of the moisture.
- Let sit and drain for 30 minutes.
- Quickly rinse with plenty of water and immediately transfer to several layers of paper towels to pat dry.
- Mix chopped herbs with garlic, Yogurt and lemon juice.
- Stir in the chopped cucumber and serve.
NotesI always suggest using Greek yogurt for this recipe if you can find it. If not, you can use regular American full fat yogurt and drain some of the liquid off by placing about 1 3/4 cups American yogurt in 3 layers of cheese cloth, tie the bundle up with a string and hang over your sink for about 6 hours... Hang for 12 - 18 hours to make yogurt cheese, but that is another recipe..
Great with Potato patties, Pita bread and feta. Great to dip spanikopita triangles in as well.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More