- Cooking Time: 20-35
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. old school rolled oats
- 1.5 oz. raw sunflower seeds
- 3 oz. sliced almonds
- 2 oz. golden flax seed
- 1/2 C. Clover honey, (Lavender is great!)
- 1/3 C. Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter, (I LOVE PLUGRA)
- 1 T. Vanilla, (I LOVE VANILLA BEAN PASTE)
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 7 oz. dried fruit, White Peaches and cherries are amazing together.
- Oven 350
- Grease 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Toast the first 4 ingredients on a sheet pan. about 20 min. STIR OFTEN!!!
- Combine honey, brown sugar, and salt in a pan and heat to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Lower oven to 300 after nuts and oats are toasted.
- Quickly toss oat mixture with the honey and sugar mixture, add dry fruit.
- Press everything into pan, evenly.
- Bake for about 20-35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
NotesI wanted to make a healthy granola bar that didn't have all the cramp in them like commercial products! This recipe is versatile and you can add or change things to your taste.
TIP: When pressing into pan, get fingertips slightly wet, to prevent it from sticking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More