- Cooking Time: 20-35
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. old school rolled oats
- 1.5 oz. raw sunflower seeds
- 3 oz. sliced almonds
- 2 oz. golden flax seed
- 1/2 C. Clover honey, (Lavender is great!)
- 1/3 C. Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter, (I LOVE PLUGRA)
- 1 T. Vanilla, (I LOVE VANILLA BEAN PASTE)
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 7 oz. dried fruit, White Peaches and cherries are amazing together.
- Oven 350
- Grease 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Toast the first 4 ingredients on a sheet pan. about 20 min. STIR OFTEN!!!
- Combine honey, brown sugar, and salt in a pan and heat to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Lower oven to 300 after nuts and oats are toasted.
- Quickly toss oat mixture with the honey and sugar mixture, add dry fruit.
- Press everything into pan, evenly.
- Bake for about 20-35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
NotesI wanted to make a healthy granola bar that didn't have all the cramp in them like commercial products! This recipe is versatile and you can add or change things to your taste.
TIP: When pressing into pan, get fingertips slightly wet, to prevent it from sticking.
MidLife Road Trip's
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More