- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup room tempature butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teespoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup room temperature butter (4 tbsp, half a stick)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp good vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 cups pecan halves raw
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer; mix ingredients thoroughly with a paddle attachment. Mix flour into butter mixture to make a smooth dough. Press dough into a 9-inch tart pan; refrigerate crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake crust until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Plop the butter and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat at a low speed until nice and creamy.
- Use a fork to beat the eggs until they're a uniform yellow color.
- Add the eggs, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture. Mix until well combined. Make sure to scrape the creamed butter and sugar off the sides!
- Place pecans in cooled pie crust and pour filling over them
- Bake at 450 F for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350 F and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once the time is up, take the pie out of the oven and insert a knife in the middle. If the knife comes out clean, you're ready to go. You can also shake the pie pan and make sure the center isn't too jiggley. Either way works. ;)
- Let it cool for a few minutes - it'll become more firm as it cools.
NotesUgle took third place in the Nut Category
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More