- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 25
- For Brownies:
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. milk
- For Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop unsweetened chocolate.
- In saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool.
- Line 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir sugar into melted chocolate mixture until sugar is dissolved. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In bowl stir together flour and baking soda. Add stir-ins. (Possible stir-ins:Sweet stir-ins: Add 1/2 cup dried fruit soaked in sparkling wine for 30 minutes, drained, and chopped; or 3/4 cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces to batter.
- Spice stir-ins: Add 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or ground ancho chili powder; 2 tsp. orange peel; or 1 Tbsp. expresso powder to flour mixture.)
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in dark chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 35 minutes or until edges are set and begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For Chocolate Drizzle:
- In bowl stir together all ingredients. Stir in additional milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until icing is drizzling consistency.
- Spoon chocolate Drizzle across top. Cut into bars.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Scalloped Potatoes And Ham
Fresh Summer Pasta Salad
H2ohh-my Bbq SauceSee More