- Cooking Time: 8-13
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from a Pillsbury all-purpose flour package.
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor crisco All Vegetable Shortening or 3/4 Butter Flavor Crisco Stick
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury Best All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mint chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vnailla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack; remove cookies to rack to cool completely. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-Milwaukee
Fun appetizers and snacks
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More