- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cups vanilla sugar (also available at speciality markets) or next time you use a vanilla bean in a recipe save the outer shell and add to a tightly seal container of sugar and it will develop the vanilla flavor in a few days, the longer the better)
- 1 quarts half and half (or light cream)
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 cups bourbon or dark rum
- freshly grated nutmeg
- In large bowl, beat eggs until pale yellow and slightly frothy.
- Add sugar and half and half, and stir until well blended.
- Add brandy and bourbon (or dark rum) and stir. Transfer to large pitcher and chill until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Divide between 6 punch cups, garnish each with sprinkle of nutmeg, and serve.
NotesThe ultimate eggnog, from Epicurious, December 2006
Very yummy! You just have to try it !
I love Epicurious.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Lau Family Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More