- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe ultimate eggnog, from Epicurious, December 2006
Very yummy! You just have to try it !
I love Epicurious.com
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cups vanilla sugar (also available at speciality markets) or next time you use a vanilla bean in a recipe save the outer shell and add to a tightly seal container of sugar and it will develop the vanilla flavor in a few days, the longer the better)
- 1 quarts half and half (or light cream)
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 cups bourbon or dark rum
- freshly grated nutmeg
- In large bowl, beat eggs until pale yellow and slightly frothy.
- Add sugar and half and half, and stir until well blended.
- Add brandy and bourbon (or dark rum) and stir. Transfer to large pitcher and chill until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Divide between 6 punch cups, garnish each with sprinkle of nutmeg, and serve.