- Cooking Time: Varies by "hot"ness
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy husband just LOVES poppers and well he's a little particular, see he's from WI home of the Dairy Air AKA CHEESE LAND! So he like CHEESE poppers not the cream cheese version. So what do I find late at night looking for my meal planning ideals. A recipe for just that CHEESE Poppers..can I say that enough..Whip up Bake up and ENJOY!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4oz.)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4oz.)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb fresh jalapeno, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- sour cream or salsa or prepared onion dip or ranch salad dressing (or any combo of the above!)
- 1. In mixing bowl, combine first 7 ingredients, mix well.
- 2. Spoon about 2 Tbl. filling into each pepper half.
- 3. Roll in breadcrumbs, and place into greased 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, in 350º oven for 20 minutes for spicy, 30 minutes for medium, and 40 minutes for mild.
- 5. Serve with sour cream, salsa, dip or dressing.