- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (7 oz) package macaroni, cooked per package directions
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7.06 oz) pouch albacore tuna in water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (9 oz) package creamed spinach, or 1 (12 0z) package spinach soufflé, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups french-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine macaroni, soup, sour cream, tuna and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon half of macaroni mixture into casserole dish. Spread with creamed spinach, and then top with remaining macaroni.
- Cover and bake for 55 minutes or until casserole is bubbling.
- Take from oven, remove cover, and top with French-fried onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
NotesDue to some rather tragic circumstances involving nuns and a Catholic school cafeteria, I had a nasty aversion to all things macaroni. Then, my sister invented this version of tuna casserole and a whole new world opened up for me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More