- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"Potatoes are baked and then hollowed out. The flesh is combined with sour cream, milk, butter, green onions and Cheddar cheese, then topped with more cheese, green onions and bacon."
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 4. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- 5. Bake for another 15 minutes.