- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: about an hour
- 1 12 oz can can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (or tapioca or potato starch)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic or onion powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz Aged Cheddar cheese, shredded (any mix, like garlic; jalapeno, etc)
- 6 oz Tinkyada Brown Rice Elbow Pasta
- 2 ounces Mexican 4-cheese Blend, shredded cheese (or other mix)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 2 qt baking dish with oil spray.
- Cook pasta according to package to al dente and drain.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water. Set aside
- Put butter and milk in a medium sized pot large enough to hold the milk and cooked pasta. Turn heat to medium. Whisk in salt, black pepper, cinnamon, sugar, cornstarch water and cheese until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the drained cooked pasta
- Pour pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with cheese reserved for topping.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until bubbly and top is lightly browned. To quicken the browning, switch the oven to low broil for about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Facts
- Nutrition (per serving): 270 calories, 14.9g total fat, 4.2g monounsaturated fat, <1g polyunsaturated fat, <1g linoleic acid, 9.2g saturated fat, 49.1mg cholesterol, 20.8g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 20.1g net carbohydrates, 7.2g sugar, 0mg stigmasterol, <1g fructose, 0g galactose, <1g glucose, <1g sucrose, <1g maltose, 262.4mg sodium, 249.2mg potassium, 12.5g protein, 412.3mg calcium, 451.5IU vitamin a, <1mg vitamin b6, <1mcg vitamin b12, 1.2mg vitamin c, 2.3IU vitamin d, <1mg vitamin e, 1.3mcg vitamin k, <1mg iron, <1g lysine, 5.6mcg selenium, <1mg thiamin, 1.5mg zinc.
NotesThis rainy dreary day was making me a bit depressed. I really wanted to make a buttermilk pie, but had no buttermilk. I had evaporated milk and frozen shredded cheese, so decided to make my version of mac and cheese.