- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed (use fresh brown sugar, with no hard lumps)
- 1 cup Splenda Granular
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (like Hershey's European)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 X 8-inch* baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and the egg for 1 minute until the mixture is thick and frothy. Add the vanilla, brown sugar, and Splenda, and beat with the whisk for 2 more minutes until the mixture is thick and smooth and the sugars have been thoroughly beaten into the mixture. Add 1 cup buttermilk and mix.
- Using a sifter or a metal sieve, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder into the liquid mixture. Whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes until the batter is nice and smooth. 4. Pour the hot water into the batter and whisk one more time until the batter is again nice and smooth. The batter will be thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and tap the pan on the counter to level the surface and to help remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or just until the center springs back when touched and a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook. Remove the cake from the oven and cool.
- Before serving, sift powdered sugar over cake.
NotesSubmitted by: dlife
Source: Marlene Koch's 375 Sensational Splenda Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More