- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 30-60 eggrolls
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 lb. ground pork (any pork will do if you put it in the Food prosessor)
- handfull of dried shredded black fungus(mushrooms) soaked 30 min & drained
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (Pantia brand is what I use) vegitarian is fine.
- 1/4 cup or more of sweet chili sauce for chicken (I get flying horse brand)
- 1/4 cup soy sause with mushroom (I get Healthy boy brand)
- 1 carrot pealed and shreaded (I omit this when I dont have one, taste same)
- sesame seed oil to coat wok
- Eggroll wraps, spingroll or wonton wraps will work
- 1 egg scrambled for brushing wraps
- some sort of deep fryer or pant with oil @ 350 degrees
- Heat wok on med high with sesame oil
- put pork in cook fully, dont burn, stir a lot
- cut cabbage in thin strips.
- add all ingredients except egg and wraps
- stir and cook until cabbage and carrots and done ( you want then simi firm)
- you dont want to overcook and you do want to stir it a lot
- when done take off heat and on a work space you have scrambled egg with a brush and your wraps. Keep wraps covered after opening with a damp towel so they do not dry out.
- On flat wrap spoon in the cooked ingredients, brush two side by side edges of wraps with egg. Roll. make sure they are sealed or in fryer insides will fall out
- put into fryer until golden brown. You might have to turn in fryer to do both side
- you can use sweet and sour sauce but I dont, the taste is already there!
NotesI made this recipe up because my kids were always wanting eggrolls and everyone that I made just didn't taste the way an eggroll should. I took myself down to the Asian Market and just looked around and found some things that I thought might taste good. After a few trial and errors I made the perfect eggroll. I make them all the time and everyone I know want me to make them for them. They are great!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More