- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 lbs top round beef 1/4” thick
- ½ c flour
- 2 medium onions
- ¼ lb butter
- 1 c button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c water
- 1t pepper
- 1t beef stock concentrate
- ½ c red wine
- dredge meat in flour and press in well.
- Cut into strips 3” long and ½” wide
- In dutch oven sauté onions with butter until translucent but not brown
- Stir in mushrooms and cover, cooking for about 5 minutes over medium heat
- Remove mushrooms and onion
- Brown meat in remaining butter in batches, so they sear and not steam
- Remove meat as it cooks
- Return meat, onion, and mushrooms to pot
- Add water, pepper, beef stock concentrate, and red wine
- Cover and cook for about an hour or until meat is tender
- Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice
NotesThis is my Uncle Eric's old family recipe, and he doesn't make it much for us, but when he does, it is a real treat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More