- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 eggs
- 5 level cups of flour
- 7 eggs
- 4 level cups of flour
- 6 eggs
- 3 level cups of flour
- On a wooden board, make a well with the flour.
- Crack eggs into center of flour.
- Mix dough with your hands till it is smooth.
- Place in a lightly floured bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator over night or for at least 5 hours.
- After you take it out of the bowl, knead again.
- Cut a piece of dough off of ball, flatten and begin to feed into the roller part of the macaroni machine set on a wide setting
- Lay this strip on a little flour and continue cutting a piece off and rolling till the whole ball of dough is finished.
- Turn the dial so the rollers are closer together.
- Roll all of your strips through the roller again.
- Repeat this process till you acheeve the thickness you desire.
- Move the lever to the desired blade you would like your pasta cut. (ex.) Angel hair to Fettachini.
- As you cut each strip, lay the past on a lightly floured surface.
- You may also wish to freeze pasta for another time.
- We use styrofoam trays and put about a pound of pasta on each tray.
- When you are ready to cook, take right from the freezer to boiling water.
- Fresh pasta does not take long to cook.
NotesMy grandmother always made homemade pasta every week, my dad did also, but my uncle Gene actually had a recipe that was written out. This recipe is for mulitple amounts of eggs and flour. Make the one that fits your needs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Babette's Test Kitchen
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More