- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup butter (has to be butter)!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Mix together very well and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well, just don't OVER mix.
- If you use shortening add 1 tablespoon hot water. Cool slightly.
- Add beaten egg and vanilla. Blend well, again, don't over mix.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing until blended.
- Spread in 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes -- don't overbake!
NotesUncle Jay loved his butterscotch...Mother always had a butterscotch pie when they came to visit ~ she tried this...we never did make pie, again, I miss him.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More