- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup butter (has to be butter)!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Mix together very well and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well, just don't OVER mix.
- If you use shortening add 1 tablespoon hot water. Cool slightly.
- Add beaten egg and vanilla. Blend well, again, don't over mix.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing until blended.
- Spread in 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes -- don't overbake!
NotesUncle Jay loved his butterscotch...Mother always had a butterscotch pie when they came to visit ~ she tried this...we never did make pie, again, I miss him.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More