- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 tbsp butter
- 3 cups pure cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp Karo (heaping)
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla
- Melt Butter in Sauce Pan.
- Add Sugar, Salt and Mix.
- Add both milks.
- Increase Heat to prepare to boil.
- Add Karo and mix, then add Peanut Butter.
- Mix thoroughly, and return Heat to medium.
- Set timer for 25 minutes.
- Take first soft ball test.
- When Temperature (Candy Thermometer) reaches 230 degrees (or at "soft ball stage"), remove from heat.
- Slowing cool by putting sauce pan in cooling water and beating fudge.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat.
- When fudge begins to form peaks remove pan from water and pour onto cool marble slab.
- Form into square of about 9" x 8".
- Cut into pieces when cooled.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More