- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 70 (incl rising/resting)
- 2 to 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat milk and butter until very warm (120º to 130ºF). *I microwaved for about 3 minutes...just be careful it doesn't get too hot.
- Add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 - 7 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces; shape into balls. Place in buttered 8-inch round pan.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 - 375ºF for 15-20 minutes (depends on your oven; mine took 17 minutes on 350ºF in a glass pan) or until done. Rub with additional butter, if desired. Remove from pan and serve warm.
NotesI made some amazing Chicken Noodle Soup and I realized I had no emergency canned biscuits to go with them. I found a recipe on Fleishmann's Yeast and modified it a bit. These actually took less than 75 minutes from start to finish for me, but give yourself some breathing room. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More