- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 4 - 6 T soft butter
- 2 + Cups pecan halves
- 3/4 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 T maple syrup
- 2 pie crusts
- 4-6 Apples, try to use at least 2 varieties
- 1 Cup orange juice + 1 Cup water - mixed
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2-3 T sugar
- 4 T flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch each of nutmeg, ginger and ground clove.
- 1 egg - beaten
- Scoop a pecan half into butter, picking up just enough to allow it to 'stick' to the side of pie pan.
- Line bottom and side of pan with pecans, round side down.
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla and syrup. Pack tightly on top of pecans.
- Cover with a pie crust and press down.
- Cover and set aside.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice apples into orange juice and water.
- Reserve juice - drain apples well - put in large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat reserved juice, raisins and cranberries till fruit is plump.
- Drain well.
- In apple bowl, add cranberries, raisins, sugar, flour and spices.
- Mix gently to coat apples, taking care not to break them up.
- Spoon mix into pie dish.
- Fill to about 1.5" above sides.
- Brush edge with beaten egg.
- Top with 2nd pie crust.
- Cut 4-5 long slits in top.
- Bake @ 400 -- 45 minutes
- Let sit 5 minutes and invert on serving plate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Get Cookin'See More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More