- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 4 - 6 T soft butter
- 2 + Cups pecan halves
- 3/4 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 T maple syrup
- 2 pie crusts
- 4-6 Apples, try to use at least 2 varieties
- 1 Cup orange juice + 1 Cup water - mixed
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2-3 T sugar
- 4 T flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch each of nutmeg, ginger and ground clove.
- 1 egg - beaten
- Scoop a pecan half into butter, picking up just enough to allow it to 'stick' to the side of pie pan.
- Line bottom and side of pan with pecans, round side down.
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla and syrup. Pack tightly on top of pecans.
- Cover with a pie crust and press down.
- Cover and set aside.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice apples into orange juice and water.
- Reserve juice - drain apples well - put in large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat reserved juice, raisins and cranberries till fruit is plump.
- Drain well.
- In apple bowl, add cranberries, raisins, sugar, flour and spices.
- Mix gently to coat apples, taking care not to break them up.
- Spoon mix into pie dish.
- Fill to about 1.5" above sides.
- Brush edge with beaten egg.
- Top with 2nd pie crust.
- Cut 4-5 long slits in top.
- Bake @ 400 -- 45 minutes
- Let sit 5 minutes and invert on serving plate.
Camp Nubar Baking Class
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More