- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 cups pre-sliced apples
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, apple pie filling and sliced apples in a large bowl.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan over medium-high heat, and add the pie filling. Once mixture begins to bubble, unroll pie crust over skillet. With a wooden spoon, push down edges of crust into pie.
- Cut steam slit in crust and brush with apple juice concentrate and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before slicing.
NotesThis is great! It's even better served warm with some ice cream.
Italy or Bust
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More