- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 cups pre-sliced apples
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, apple pie filling and sliced apples in a large bowl.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan over medium-high heat, and add the pie filling. Once mixture begins to bubble, unroll pie crust over skillet. With a wooden spoon, push down edges of crust into pie.
- Cut steam slit in crust and brush with apple juice concentrate and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before slicing.
NotesThis is great! It's even better served warm with some ice cream.
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More