- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced apples or pears or pineapples in juice, drained
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Melt butter in 10inch ovenproof skillet or square pan (9x9)in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Arrange fruit on brown sugar, cutting one or more slices into pieces if necessary.
- Beat remaining ingredients. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.Pour over fruit.
- Bake skillet/pan for 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately turn upside down onto heatproof plate. Let skillet/pan remain over cake a few minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake. Cool 15 minutes. Serve with Whipped Cream.
NotesMy favorite cake recipe from my Betty Crocker's: Bridal Edition cookbook!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More