- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryNote: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Thaw frozen vegetables before adding to slow cooker.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon instant chopped onion
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (18 oz) chicken gravy
- 2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 bag (1 lb) Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
- 2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- 3. About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
- 4. Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- 5. For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.