UPSIDE DOWN CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
Upside Down Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 20
- Upside Down Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Fage 0% Yogurt
- 8 ounce container fat free or low fat cream cheese
- 7/8 cup fat free or low fat sour cream
- 3 1/2 sheets graham cracker, low fat honey, crushed
- 1/2 cup honey or agave (add more if sweeter flavor is desired)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- And if you dare:
- chocolate chips, any kind
- top with light whip cream
- You can get all of these ingredients at Trader Joes!
Blend together all ingredients except graham cracker in a bowl with an immersion blender.
Put ingredients in a pie pan and coat the top layer with graham cracker
Add chocolate chips and serve cold
Melt chocolate and drizzle over the top
I couldn’t miss this pumpkin recipe as it’s got some of the texture and flavor of the original cheesecake. It’s not quite Junior’s New York Cheesecake, but it’s still pretty yummy.
The crispy graham cracker tastes delicious against the cool creamy pumpkin filling that has a custard-like quality.
I adopted this recipe from Hungry Girl, also known as Lisa Lillien who tries to make yummy food low calorie. This recipe was more like a pumpkin mousse rather than a pie, so let’s hope you aren’t feeding pumpkin cheesecake purists. This recipe doesn’t exactly replicate the cheesecake, but it’s a fun and convincing waste-line friendly copy.
Lisa Lillien’s original recipe calls for sweetener and tons of cool whip but I’m not a fan of splenda especially so much of it. So this is my play on upside down pumpkin cheesecake, with a little chocolate for those of you, like me, who have a hard time eating “diet food.”