- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups stewed berries and juice
- Note: Use blackberries, young berries, loganberries or boysenberries.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream butter with 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased casserole dish. Put drained berries evenly on batter and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Pour the berry juice over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm with cream. Serves 6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More