- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar
- 4 peaches, peeled, stoned, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups plain flour
- 3 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Cup ground almonds
- 6 Eggs
- Thick cream, whipped, to serve
- Preheat oven to 335 F.
- Grease and line base of a 10 inch springform pan with baking paper.
- Place 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small, heavy-based saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer until a dark caramel forms.
- Immediately pour caramel into base of pan, then top with peach wedges, skin-side down.
- Place butter, vanilla and remaining 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat until light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, ground almonds and 1/2 tsp salt over butter mixture.
- Add all eggs then beat on low speed until mixture is smooth and just combined.
- Spoon batter over peaches then level.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cover top with baking paper to prevent over-browning, then bake for a further 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Release side of pan then place a plate over top.
- Invert cake on to plate. Remove base and paper. Whip cream for a topping once cut and on plates.
- Serves 8
NotesThe secret to making this cake is to place the peaches on the base – they stay moist and the cake cooks perfectly. Pass the cream!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More