- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar
- 4 peaches, peeled, stoned, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups plain flour
- 3 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Cup ground almonds
- 6 Eggs
- Thick cream, whipped, to serve
- Preheat oven to 335 F.
- Grease and line base of a 10 inch springform pan with baking paper.
- Place 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small, heavy-based saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer until a dark caramel forms.
- Immediately pour caramel into base of pan, then top with peach wedges, skin-side down.
- Place butter, vanilla and remaining 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat until light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, ground almonds and 1/2 tsp salt over butter mixture.
- Add all eggs then beat on low speed until mixture is smooth and just combined.
- Spoon batter over peaches then level.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cover top with baking paper to prevent over-browning, then bake for a further 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Release side of pan then place a plate over top.
- Invert cake on to plate. Remove base and paper. Whip cream for a topping once cut and on plates.
- Serves 8
NotesThe secret to making this cake is to place the peaches on the base – they stay moist and the cake cooks perfectly. Pass the cream!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More