- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pineapple slices that cover the bottom of your pan
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 tsp. double-acting baking powder
- 4 eggs, separted
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Cup sugar
- Melt in skillet 1/4 to 1/2 cup butter.
- Add packed brown sugar and cook gently and stir until dissolved.
- When dissolved remove pan from the heat and add the pineapple slices; coat the slices well.
- Add this mixture to your baking pan and set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl beat the 4 egg yolks; add 1 tbsp. melted butter and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl measure 1 cup sugar. Set aside
- In mixer, whip the 4 egg whites until stiff but not dry; then fold in sugar 1 tbsp. at a time as not to deflate the egg whites, then add the yolk mixture and then add the flour 1/4 cup at a time.
- Pour over the pineapple in the baking pan and bake at 325F for 30 minutes, or until golden and tooth pick comes out clean in centre.
NotesThis recipe comes from a lady I worked with. It is different from most pineapple up-side down cakes. It has a nice cake top that is crunchy but moist inside and I do find it sweet.
I hope you enjoy this cake as we do.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More