UPSIDE-DOWN MANDARIN CAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ tbs brown sugar
- 3 mandarins, peeled, segmented
- 120g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray an 11cm x 21cm loaf tin with oil and line the base and 2 long sides of tin with one sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the base of the pan. Arrange the mandarin segments evenly over the sugared base.
- Beat the spread and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla essence and milk, then fold through the flour.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a cake skewer. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before turning out. Serve warm with the yoghurt.
- For a bit of spice, try adding a ½ tsp of cinnamon to the flour before adding to the mix.
NotesMakes 8 servingsPOINTS® value | 3.5 per serve
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More