- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this recipe over at the lovely Joelle's. It's an excellent burger and great for those who either don't eat beef or are watching their lovely figures. I prefer these grilled outside, but those indoor grills are awesome in the dead of winter when you're craving your grillin' fix.
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 & 1/3 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large shallot or 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. Chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
- 2 T. Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 small bell pepper, any color seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. montreal steak seasoning by mccormick
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb. sliced pepper jack cheese
- kaiser rolls
- 1 cup sweet red pepper relish or pepper jelly
- red leaf lettuce (or green or spinach)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat; cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and wipe excess grease from skillet and return skillet to heat. (i cook my bacon in the oven. i think it is less messy and gets it crispy without burning it)
- While bacon is cooking, combine the next 10 ingredients. divide into 4 equal amounts and form patties and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in the skillet until done, 5-6 minutes on each side, placing the cheese slices on the last two minutes of last side. (i cooked mine on a george foreman and just put the cheese on after they were done).
- Serve with pepper jelly and lettuce.