- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 & 1/3 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large shallot or 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. Chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
- 2 T. Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 small bell pepper, any color seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. montreal steak seasoning by mccormick
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb. sliced pepper jack cheese
- kaiser rolls
- 1 cup sweet red pepper relish or pepper jelly
- red leaf lettuce (or green or spinach)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat; cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and wipe excess grease from skillet and return skillet to heat. (i cook my bacon in the oven. i think it is less messy and gets it crispy without burning it)
- While bacon is cooking, combine the next 10 ingredients. divide into 4 equal amounts and form patties and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in the skillet until done, 5-6 minutes on each side, placing the cheese slices on the last two minutes of last side. (i cooked mine on a george foreman and just put the cheese on after they were done).
- Serve with pepper jelly and lettuce.
NotesI found this recipe over at the lovely Joelle's. It's an excellent burger and great for those who either don't eat beef or are watching their lovely figures. I prefer these grilled outside, but those indoor grills are awesome in the dead of winter when you're craving your grillin' fix.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More