- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 2 to 2 1/2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 Tablespoons milk*
- 1 log Gimme Lean
- 2 Sandwhich size (or large) English Muffins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- honey mustard
- slices of Swiss Cheese
- a. Form patties of Gimme Lean, and cook like hamburger or sasuage patties in a skillet.
- b. Combine the beaten eggs with some milk, as if making an omelet.
- Cut the omelet into two; slice the English muffins into two halves, each.
- c Spread two of the English muffin halves, with the mustard; place half both of the two half omelets, onto two seperate English muffin halves. Top with a slice of swiss cheese and a patty, then the remaining halves. Now you have two instant sandwhiches.
- * note: Soy milk, rice milk and goat milk each work fine, in this recipe.
- Gimme Lean looks like sausage, but it's actually a proteine food and it tastes
- very different from sausage but still good.
NotesI originally created this recipe, to be the vegan version of my Sausage Any Time Sandwhiches. But then I thought, how likely is it that a vegetarian, such as my step father, would notice that this recipe is vegetarian and doesn't call for meat, despite the name Vegan? That's when I decided I wouldn't call it Vegan Any Time, Sandwhich. Being that it's vegetarian and not vegan, I decided to change the name. If you still see it, under its prevous name, it could mean, that the name change didn't completely get accepted as a name change, but got thought of as a submission. Big if.
Anyway, this sandwhich, depending on the brand of soy product you use, is very good- as is my Any Time Sausage Sandwhich!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More