- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Generously grease six 6-ounce custard cups OR 8 medium muffin cups. *
- Stir together flour and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly. Add milk and dry ingredients only until smooth. Do not overmix. (I use a whisk.)
- Fill custard cups 1/2 full, muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350. Bake custard cups 20 minutes longer, muffin cups 15 minutes longer.
- Poke with skewer or toothpick to release steam. Immediately remove from cups. Serve hot.
- NOTE: Also, makes 6 popovers in a popover pan.
NotesI started making popovers long before I had a popover pan. This recipe is now passed down to my children.
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More