- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI enjoy the fresh addition of citrus to anything chocolate! A clean, light touch to a rich, nutty brownie! MMMMMMMMmmmmmmhhhhh!
This recipe should work great in the new pan! Can't wait to try it out!
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (about 22 ounces)
- 1 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp. instant expresso powder
- 1 Tbsp. frozen orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups toasted slivered almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13x9 inch glass pan with aluminum foil. Butter foil well to prevent sticking.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave until melted and smooth.
- Add expresso powder, orange juice and orange rind. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients, add nuts.
- Beat eggs with sugar, add to chocolate mixture, stirring to incorporate.
- Add flour mixture just until blended.
- Spread in buttered foil pan.
- Bake about 35 minutes and then cool in pan.
- Cover and chill.
- Remove foil, before cutting into small servings! Makes 16 brownies.