VALENTINE'S PENNE VODKA
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c vodka
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 4 slices chopped prosciutto
- 1 lg can crushed tomatoes
- 1 c Romano cheese
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- Soak vodka and pepper flakes for 10 minutes - the longer the pepper flakes soak, the hotter the sauce will be. Remove flakes; vodka will turn red.
- Saute oilive oil, onion, prosciutto in pot for 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add vodka, cook on low for 1/2 hour, then add Romano cheese, heavy cream, and butter.
- Cook another 20 minutes.
- Serve over penne.
- I have adapted the recipe by usually adding italian sausage to the sauce while it is cooking. You can also serve with grilled chicked strips over the pasta. With meat or without, it is all very yummy!
- This makes enough sauce for 1 pound of penne
NotesAccording to Rachel Ray, her version of this yummy sauce is guaranteed to get a woman married! So, what better than my friend Ilona's adaptation of Penne Vodka Sauce as a Valentine's Day treat! Serve with a nice salad, some crusty bread and an expensive bottle of wine! Bon Appetit and Happy Valentine's Day
SIDE NOTE: OK, I KNOW this site is all about making food, but for a QUICK alternative to my VERY YUMMY (I must add) sauce, I highly suggest Bove's of Vermont Vodka Sauce (1) or Paul Newman's (2) for this romantic dinner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More