- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: Lots
- Preparation Time: 5
Backstoryt seems like I was taking down my Christmas decorations just the other day, but Valentines is nearly upon us. This is a sure sign of getting older, time just seems to fly by!
I couldn’t let this holiday pass without sharing my idea for a Valentines Bark. Bark, you know the stuff – or my version - white chocolate, krispies and whatever takes your fancy on top of all that. I have made various different types such as Christmas, Halloween, Great British. So why not for the ‘loved up’ holiday?
- 450 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 60 grams rice krispies
- Pink food colouring
- 1 roll of Love Hearts
- 1 bag of Cherry Lips
- White Heart nonpareils
- Line a cookie sheet with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Over a pan of simmering water, place a bowl filled with the white chocolate.
- Stir until melted and then add pink food colouring until you get a shade you are happy with.
- Stir in the rice krispies so they are all coated with the pink white chocolate.
- Spread the krispie chocolate mix into the cookie sheet and spread out as thin as possible without it breaking up.
- Then randomly add your toppings.
- Once done, take another sheet of greaseproof paper, place this on top of the bark and with your hands gently smooth over it, to embed the add-ins into the molten chocolate.
- Pop into the fridge until the chocolate has set, or preferably overnight. Remove from the fridge and break into chunks.