- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Frosts about 20 cupcakes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) philly cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy.
- 2. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
- 3. Add the vanilla extract, vanilla seeds, and 3 cups of powdered sugar and beat at low speed, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, until light and fluffy. Add more powdered sugar to arrive at the consistency and sweetness you like.
NotesI used this recipe to frost the French Vanilla cupcakes I found on this site by Garrett. These are so good if you LOVE vanilla like I do.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Babette's Test Kitchen
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More