- Cooking Time: 40 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 7 quarts
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to two very large bowls; discard any unpopped kernels.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in milk and butter; return to a boil.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- 4. Bake at 250° for 40 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers.
NotesThis recipe gives a sweet and tasty twist to microwave popcorn. When I first tried it at a party, I couldn't stop eating it!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume OneSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More