- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar, plus 1/4 c. for rolling
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbls. chai spice mix, plus 1/4 tsp. for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend 1/4 tsp. chai spice mix and 1/4 c. sugar, set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift remaining ingredients and add to butter mixture, blending until combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar chai blend.
- Place at least 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden. (Keep an eye on them as they will turn from perfectly golden to crunchy brown very quickly!)
NotesI love vanilla chai lattes, and I was really excited to find chai spice mix in the spice section of my local market. It's pretty potent stuff, much stronger n flavor than the chai drink mixes. If you can't get your hands on it, you can always try the mix but double the amount. My kitchen smelled absolutely amazing while these cookies baked, just like a little coffee shop!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More