- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar, plus 1/4 c. for rolling
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbls. chai spice mix, plus 1/4 tsp. for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend 1/4 tsp. chai spice mix and 1/4 c. sugar, set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift remaining ingredients and add to butter mixture, blending until combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar chai blend.
- Place at least 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden. (Keep an eye on them as they will turn from perfectly golden to crunchy brown very quickly!)
NotesI love vanilla chai lattes, and I was really excited to find chai spice mix in the spice section of my local market. It's pretty potent stuff, much stronger n flavor than the chai drink mixes. If you can't get your hands on it, you can always try the mix but double the amount. My kitchen smelled absolutely amazing while these cookies baked, just like a little coffee shop!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More