- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups Silk vanilla soy milk
- 1 Tbsp loose or 3 tea bags chai spice tea
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp double strength vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 12-16 oz. cream cheese frosting
- cinnamon (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin trays (stoneware preferred) with paper liners or arrange foil liners on a cookie sheet.
- Heat soy on a small sauce pan over medium heat until it begins to bubble (watch soy carefully as it scalds easily).
- Remove from heat, add loose tea or tea bags, cover and let sit for 10-12 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, sift all three flours together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- When tea is done steeping, either pour through a strainer or squeeze the milk out of the bags. Measure to be sure it still equals 1 1/4 cup of liquid. If needed, add more soy until it equals 1 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer in a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- Begin to add soy and flour in three batches, alternating between the two, beginning with soy and ending with flour.
- Beat on low until all ingredients are incorporated evenly and mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 24 baking cups.
- Bakes for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting. Add a dash of cinnamon to the top of each frosted cupcake.
NotesThese cupcakes capture the essence of a vanilla chai tea latte in cupcake form.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More