- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups Silk vanilla soy milk
- 1 Tbsp loose or 3 tea bags chai spice tea
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp double strength vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 12-16 oz. cream cheese frosting
- cinnamon (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin trays (stoneware preferred) with paper liners or arrange foil liners on a cookie sheet.
- Heat soy on a small sauce pan over medium heat until it begins to bubble (watch soy carefully as it scalds easily).
- Remove from heat, add loose tea or tea bags, cover and let sit for 10-12 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, sift all three flours together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- When tea is done steeping, either pour through a strainer or squeeze the milk out of the bags. Measure to be sure it still equals 1 1/4 cup of liquid. If needed, add more soy until it equals 1 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer in a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- Begin to add soy and flour in three batches, alternating between the two, beginning with soy and ending with flour.
- Beat on low until all ingredients are incorporated evenly and mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 24 baking cups.
- Bakes for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting. Add a dash of cinnamon to the top of each frosted cupcake.
NotesThese cupcakes capture the essence of a vanilla chai tea latte in cupcake form.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Food Travels Through Italy
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More