- For the Vanilla Cupcake:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick un-salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- For the Frosting:
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup Raspberry Preserves
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 16oz Box of Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Raspberries, for garnishing (optional)
- For the Cupcake:
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, flour, milk, salt and baking powder and beat just to incorporate the ingredients. Never overmix a cake batter, muffin, cupcake or any type of cake batter too much or you will have a compact and dry mass. Kneading is just for breas ok? Back to recipe ...Distribute the paper muffin cups in baking cupcakes and using a ice cream scoop, take the dough and fill 2/3 of the paper liners.
- Bake in the preheated oven (another very important thing ... the oven should always be preheated) to 350ºF for 20 min, or until to be stuck with a toothpick he comes out clean. Wait for at least 40 min. before frosting it.
- For the Frosting:
- Combine together all the frosting ingredients except the fresh raspberries and mix together to combine. Add the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
NotesSince i'm brazilian, cupcakes are not very famous around here...but one day i was searching trought the web and found on youtube a video that introduced me to this wonderfull world. Her name is Laura Vitale and now i'm totally addicted to her recipes...so if you have one minute take a look at her page and subscribe...you won't regret.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Vegan Eats!See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More