- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- VANILLA CUPCAKES:
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c sugar
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c whole milk
- WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 c unsalted butter at room temperature and cut into about 16 pieces
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your standard 12 cup muffin pan with papers.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer now on low, beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- Alternate the flour mix (in 3 additions) with the milk (in 2 editions); beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat on low until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue beating on medium-high until no traces of flour remain.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full. Bake until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack and cool completely, about an hour.
- Combine the egg whites and sugar in a glass bowl.
- Set over a pan of simmering water and heat the mixture, whisking constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture reaches a temperature of about 160 degrees F.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and with an electric mixer on high speed, beat until fluffy and cooled to room temperature.
- This should take about 6 minutes, and the egg whites should hold stiff peaks.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the salt and butter, a few pieces at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Use right away.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Growers' Giveback Potluck
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More