- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- VANILLA CUPCAKES:
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c sugar
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c whole milk
- WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 c unsalted butter at room temperature and cut into about 16 pieces
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your standard 12 cup muffin pan with papers.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer now on low, beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- Alternate the flour mix (in 3 additions) with the milk (in 2 editions); beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat on low until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue beating on medium-high until no traces of flour remain.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full. Bake until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack and cool completely, about an hour.
- Combine the egg whites and sugar in a glass bowl.
- Set over a pan of simmering water and heat the mixture, whisking constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture reaches a temperature of about 160 degrees F.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and with an electric mixer on high speed, beat until fluffy and cooled to room temperature.
- This should take about 6 minutes, and the egg whites should hold stiff peaks.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the salt and butter, a few pieces at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Use right away.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More