- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Yolks of 6 large eggs
- In a saucepan, heat the half-and-half over medium heat. Add the vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time, until well blended. The mixture should lighten slightly in color.
- Slowly, in a thin stream, pour a third of the hot half-and-half into the yolk mixture. Whisk well as you pour, to incorporate the yolks and avoid cooking them. Pour the warm yolk mixture into the saucepan with the remaining half-and-half. Whisk immediately and well. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture reaches a thick, creamy consistency, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until ready to use. Custard can be refrigerated for up to three days. Yield: 2-3/4 cups
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More