- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz/226gm) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. vanilla-sugar mixture* (see note below)
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Small gourmet jelly beans
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and 1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla-sugar mixture until fluffy. Blend in flour and baking powder. Shape dough into 1" (2.5 cm) balls. Place on baking sheets. Using the handle of wooden spoon or thumb, make a deep indentation in center of each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to touch. Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle with remaining vanilla-sugar mixture and fill indentations with jelly beans, forming a nest. Cool.
NotesHave the kids help shape and fill these fun cookies for Easter. Or fill with other goodies for different occasions, such as chocolate kisses for Valentine's Day.
Servings: 4 dozen cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More