- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the eggs until thickened and pale yellow.
- Beat in the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Slowly beat the hot milk into the eggs and sugar.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and place over low heat.
- Stir constantly until the custard thickens slightly. Be careful not to let the mixture boil or the eggs will scramble.
- Remove from the heat and pour the hot custard through a strainer into a large, clean bowl.
- Allow the custard to cook slightly, then stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- Stir the chilled custard, then freeze in according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When finished, the ice cream will be soft but ready to eat.
- For firmer ice cream, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze at least 2 hours.
NotesThis recipe is fairly easy and makes a creamy ice cream, sometimes I add mini chocolate chips
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
A Falcon FeastSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More