- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the eggs until thickened and pale yellow.
- Beat in the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Slowly beat the hot milk into the eggs and sugar.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and place over low heat.
- Stir constantly until the custard thickens slightly. Be careful not to let the mixture boil or the eggs will scramble.
- Remove from the heat and pour the hot custard through a strainer into a large, clean bowl.
- Allow the custard to cook slightly, then stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- Stir the chilled custard, then freeze in according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When finished, the ice cream will be soft but ready to eat.
- For firmer ice cream, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze at least 2 hours.
NotesThis recipe is fairly easy and makes a creamy ice cream, sometimes I add mini chocolate chips
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More