- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 4-1/2 cups, assorted unsalted nuts (I use walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar (if you don’t have vanilla sugar, then just use 6 tbsp. regular sugar)
- 1-1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- a few drops of orange oil (optional)
- 3/4 tbsp. vanilla powder (if you can’t find vanilla powder, then use 2 tbsp. vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts and the butter and mix until the nuts are all coated with butter.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract and orange oil (if using). Toss well to ensure that all the nuts are coated with sugar.
- Spread the nuts on the parchment paper-lined tray and make sure they’re in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, tossing the nuts every 7 or 8 minutes.
- While the nuts are baking, in a small bowl, combine the vanilla powder, the cinnamon and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- As soon as the nuts are done, remove them from the oven and sprinkle on the vanilla powder/cinnamon/salt mixture, as well as the orange zest. Mix well.
- Let the nuts cool completely. Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to a week. But trust me … they won’t last that long.
NotesAdapted from Party Nuts! by Sally Sampson.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More