- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 4-1/2 cups, assorted unsalted nuts (I use walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar (if you don’t have vanilla sugar, then just use 6 tbsp. regular sugar)
- 1-1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- a few drops of orange oil (optional)
- 3/4 tbsp. vanilla powder (if you can’t find vanilla powder, then use 2 tbsp. vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts and the butter and mix until the nuts are all coated with butter.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract and orange oil (if using). Toss well to ensure that all the nuts are coated with sugar.
- Spread the nuts on the parchment paper-lined tray and make sure they’re in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, tossing the nuts every 7 or 8 minutes.
- While the nuts are baking, in a small bowl, combine the vanilla powder, the cinnamon and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- As soon as the nuts are done, remove them from the oven and sprinkle on the vanilla powder/cinnamon/salt mixture, as well as the orange zest. Mix well.
- Let the nuts cool completely. Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to a week. But trust me … they won’t last that long.
NotesAdapted from Party Nuts! by Sally Sampson.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More