- Cooking Time: 5 mins plus setting time
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Panna Cotta
- 2 leaves of leaf gelatine
- 284ml double cream
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 87.5g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (halved and seeds removed)
- 300g mixed berries
- 3tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for at least 4-5 minutes
- Place the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla seeds in a pan with a heavy base. Slowly bring to the boil over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat then take the gelatine leaves one by one, squeeze out the excess water and stir into the cream mixture until dissolved.
- Rinse out 3 x 150ml pudding moulds with cold water but do not dry. Divide the panna cotta mixture between them. Cool and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours until set.
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat. Add your berries to the pan and coat evenly with the sugar, bringing them to the boil.
- Stir until all the sugar dissolves and bubbles start to appear on the sides of the pan. Add your water.
- Cook for another minute or two and then remove from the heat
- To serve, dip the moulds one at a time into hot water for 10 seconds, then turn out onto plates. Spoon the compote around the panna cotta
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
A Falcon Feast
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More