- Cooking Time: 50 to 60
- Servings: 16 or depends on slice
- Preparation Time: 20
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp orange extract (or 1 tbs fresh orange juice or 1 tsp lemon extract)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Stir together all Dry Ingredients in a bag or lidded container. Shake to completely mix. Set aside.
- 3. Combine cooled melted butter with brown sugar in a large mixing bowl, beat in eggs.
- 4. Gradually add the Dry Ingredients into butter, sugar and egg mixture, beating at low speed, then begin adding the milk until mixed. Beat at medium speed about 2 minutes.
- 5. Pour batter into greased and floured(can use rice) 12-cup Bundt or 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- 6. Optionally drizzle with lemon or orange frosting.
NotesI haven't made a scratch cake since becoming gluten free. Decided to look at one at LandOLakes.com. I modified it a little. It came out really good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
culinary karmaSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More