VANILLA RAISIN BREAD (ABM)
- 2/3 cup raisins soaked in 3 tablespoons vanilla for at least one hour*
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups white bread flour*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Sweet setting and start machine.
Makes one (1 1/2 pound) loaf.
If you don't have time to soak the raisins for one hour you can microwave the raisins and vanilla for 1 minute on HIGH or MEDIUM-HIGH in a microwave-safe bowl. - Cook's Clever Tip provided by Connie Kissel of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
*Webmaster: I have the Cuisinart Convection Breadmaker & I don't know if this made the difference, but I only added 3 cups of flour and the dough was perfect.
With my other bread machines I held back 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of flour, then adding as necessary during the first kneading cycle to achieve a good quality dough. Soft but not to sticky to touch.
Website Credit: http://joycesfinecooking.com