- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup raisins soaked in 3 tablespoons vanilla for at least one hour*
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups white bread flour*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Sweet setting and start machine.
- Makes one (1 1/2 pound) loaf.
- If you don't have time to soak the raisins for one hour you can microwave the raisins and vanilla for 1 minute on HIGH or MEDIUM-HIGH in a microwave-safe bowl. - Cook's Clever Tip provided by Connie Kissel of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- *Webmaster: I have the Cuisinart Convection Breadmaker & I don't know if this made the difference, but I only added 3 cups of flour and the dough was perfect.
- With my other bread machines I held back 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of flour, then adding as necessary during the first kneading cycle to achieve a good quality dough. Soft but not to sticky to touch.
NotesThis was by far the best raisin bread I have ever made!
Joyce'S Fine Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More