- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup raisins soaked in 3 tablespoons vanilla for at least one hour*
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups white bread flour*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Sweet setting and start machine.
- Makes one (1 1/2 pound) loaf.
- If you don't have time to soak the raisins for one hour you can microwave the raisins and vanilla for 1 minute on HIGH or MEDIUM-HIGH in a microwave-safe bowl. - Cook's Clever Tip provided by Connie Kissel of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- *Webmaster: I have the Cuisinart Convection Breadmaker & I don't know if this made the difference, but I only added 3 cups of flour and the dough was perfect.
- With my other bread machines I held back 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of flour, then adding as necessary during the first kneading cycle to achieve a good quality dough. Soft but not to sticky to touch.
NotesThis was by far the best raisin bread I have ever made!
Joyce'S Fine Cooking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More