- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cups white sugar
- Split one vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds from each half.
- Cut the two halves into about 1/2" pieces. Add the pieces and the seeds to three cups of white sugar in a glass jar.
- Tightly close and store for one week, shaking occasionally.
- Sieve the sugar as you use it, returning the beans and seeds to the jar.
- This may be repeated over and over for 6 months or so, until the flavour weakens.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More