- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cups white sugar
- Split one vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds from each half.
- Cut the two halves into about 1/2" pieces. Add the pieces and the seeds to three cups of white sugar in a glass jar.
- Tightly close and store for one week, shaking occasionally.
- Sieve the sugar as you use it, returning the beans and seeds to the jar.
- This may be repeated over and over for 6 months or so, until the flavour weakens.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More