- Cooking Time: 20 min./batch
- Servings: 36 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, separated
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Combine the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/4 cup over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge from the wide end and place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Whisk egg white until foamy; brush over crescents. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
NotesFriends look forward to receiving a gift of these crescents. They're my all-time favorite cookies. The pastry is tender and flaky, and the vanilla flavor comes through beautifully.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More