- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 240 (including chill)
- For Crust:
- 1 2/3 cups Gingersnaps, finely ground
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- For Vanilla "Cream" Filling:
- 2 cups Vanilla (White Chocolate) Chips
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 block Silken Tofu (I used Mori-Nu)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- For Crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For Filling:
- Using a double boiler, melt the vanilla chips and milk, stirring until smooth. Add vanilla and honey.
- In a blender, combine the tofu and white chocolate mixture. Liquefy until smooth.
- Pour filling into the gingersnap crust. Chill in the fridge until cooled and filling begins to set, then transfer to the freezer until the pie is set solid. This not only makes the pie all the more refreshing to east, but it also makes it much easier to cut and serve.
NotesThis recipe was inspired by Alton Brown's "Moo-Less chocolate Pie," and uses a tofu base, rather than a cream base. Thus it's a *little* less bad for you!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Food Travels Through Italy
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More