- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350'
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by the spoonful unto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (for easy clean-up or just use an ungreased cookie sheet) about 2" apart
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes, or until nice and golden brown. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a minute before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesI know everyone has probably made these at some point in time, but I had to add them so that when my daughter wants to make them (and hasn't purchased "the" brand of oatmeal) that she'll at least have the recipe handy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More