- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350'
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by the spoonful unto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (for easy clean-up or just use an ungreased cookie sheet) about 2" apart
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes, or until nice and golden brown. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a minute before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesI know everyone has probably made these at some point in time, but I had to add them so that when my daughter wants to make them (and hasn't purchased "the" brand of oatmeal) that she'll at least have the recipe handy.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More