- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350'
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by the spoonful unto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (for easy clean-up or just use an ungreased cookie sheet) about 2" apart
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes, or until nice and golden brown. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a minute before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesI know everyone has probably made these at some point in time, but I had to add them so that when my daughter wants to make them (and hasn't purchased "the" brand of oatmeal) that she'll at least have the recipe handy.
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More